Monday, May 29, 2017

FAILURE Lesson No. 2



Failure Lesson No 2:


APPROACH IT FROM ANOTHER ANGLE.


UPON seeing my grades (Es) in school, I discovered I was not satisfied with my performance, and that my method was not bringing me any way close to my desired outcome. I was so close to having a C.O. (carryover) and could not shift the blame to anyone. The course (Machine Design) was not the problem, my lecturer was not either, neither were my course mates …who then is to be blamed for this poor outputs.

However, considering the many factors that could have gone wrong and knowing that no one was to be held responsible for my output, I decided to SWITCH; approaching the above Lecturer’s course from a different angle. I decided to act regardless of what I seem not to have. The problem with us is not a lack of resources but lack of being resourceful with what we have to achieve our many goals.



I started making use of the school library: a resource that was available but for reasons…I did not explore the goldmine in preparing myself for the course. It was true that I was not having much of a resource at my disposal but, I was surrounded by abundant resources. Another thing, which I did, was to borrow the course’s textbook from my course mate, which was found to be more simplified and somewhat related to what the lecturer used. I got interested in classes and set a goal for that what I would love to have in that course. 


All these were resources available, however, for one reason or the other I did not make use of the abundant resources at hand. Sometimes, it is not what we don’t have that limits us but our refusal to use what we have available NOW. YES, I FAILED; I HAD E grade – I was not going to sit down and mourn over my past; I chose to act and learn from my mistakes. I learned what works and what doesn’t in preparing for A grade… and when the next result was released, my grade skyrocketed to B-grade after have two Es in his courses.

Whatever you have encountered in the past is not enough to stop you from trying ONE MORE. There things you will learn along the way to your desired end, do not give up. Thomas Alva Edison attempted 999 times just to get a breakthrough in his field and never gave in to quitting; and he asserted,"I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work." The world is waiting to celebrate you and you my friend must not give in to QUITTING…

Lesson 2 is: Take every failures as teaching moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ACT OUT

NOTHING changes except a movement is initiated. If you want something to change in your life, you've got to change too. Your condition ...